Dec 20, 2008

Media Heaven

Robert wants to leave a personal post, but before that, we have gotten complaints about our blog title and description. People are saying it's BORING. Well, we are welcome to any suggestions. Anyone that has a Google account can leave us a comment to give us any suggestions. It could be themed around our being Disney freaks or that we are expecting our first child. Let us know.

Robert -

OK, so I couldn't help myself. I've got to show off our TV/Satellite environment. As we mentioned in an earlier post, we (OK, I) ordered Dish Network satellite 2 weeks ago. We got Turbo HD which has most of the channels we were watching all of the time with cable, but they are now in HD. It would have cost us another $50 a month to have any cable channels in HD with cable, but Dish Network has given us quite a few HD channels for only $5 a month more that what we were paying. There were a few more channels that we regularly watched with cable that we don't have now, but it really isn't worth the price to go to the higher package of Dish Network.

Also, we bought a projector as an early Christmas present that gives us 1080i HD resolution. We had a projector before, but it has started to get a little hazy. This new projector has given us, well me, all we want for a picture. We have it shine on a white wall, and we can still see it in a lit room.

I couldn't help but mesure how many inches we have. Wtih 16:9 aspect reatio, we have 76" and with 4:3 aspect reatio, we have 83". If you don't know the difference between 16:9 and 4:3, than you probably don't care how big our screen is.

To give you a different perspective, I took a picture of it with a dollar bill on the bottom left to compare the size. I have included it in this post. Here is the picture.



You should be able to click on the picture to make it bigger.

Isn't that just sweeeeeeet.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! No wonder you are wanting Jon to come over and check out your updated techy stuff. Pretty clear picture, there. We are WAY looking forward to watching a Christmas movie on the huge 'screen' on Christmas Eve.

    As for a cool name for your blog...hhmm.

    FletcherFlame
    FletcherFeatures
    SitASpellwithRobandShell

    Ok...so, that's just a couple of thoughts. LOL...I remember when I was trying to come up with a name for my Preparedness site, most of the names I came up with were already taken. Jon created our name for our website (jascorner)

    Good luck with the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, great movie screen you got going there. But if you get to many fun gadgets and gizmos, you'll have everyone descending on your house for party time, like New Years and such.
    For naming your blog, I like Steph's suggetion "SitASpellWithRobandShell". That's cute. Or Fletcher Features. Cool.
    As for the saying that goes under your blog title, maybe "As good as it gets" or "Livin' the high life" or "Teachin' these old dogs new tricks" hehe LOL! That could refer to your newness at blogging and your first baby. Or here's one for Rob to be aware of...."A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be". Or here's one for Shelley..."Diaper backwards spells repaid....think about it"~Marshall McLuhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops...I am silly. I just read through the post too quickly to realize that it was the TITLE that needs 'tweaking'. Duh! I don't know why I didn't catch that! I was wondering why the change, cause Robnshells is cute.

    So, it could be Sit a Spell with Rob & Shell (Spelled out long for the title)

    I also like Pauline's suggestions. Especially the picture where the money used to be.

    ReplyDelete